Wooden sword
It is the second weapon used on Mr. Blue Sky by the clowns. I thought it would be a suitable prop for this purpose as it was a theatrical style prop that wouldn't be out of place in an actual clown act. Also as this is a different character to the one who uses a shovel then the different weapon will help separate the two characters identities, which is important when characters have such similar costume.
Shovel
This is the first weapon to be used on Mr. Blue Sky by the clowns. The reason for this choice of prop is that I wanted a weapon that doesn't suggest that these clowns are sinister or different from any others. The reason for this is that I don't think that an actual weapon such as a knife would be suitable for use in the video, as the tone is too happy. Also I needed a blunt weapon as the clowns are only wanting to knock out and kidnap Mr. Blue Sky, rather than hurt him. So I decided to use a normal everyday household shovel which although is intimidating when brandished, can still match the happy tone of the video.

Party Blower's
These props will be used in the podium scene. The main reason for the use of these is for the lyrical and visual link of celebration and the party blowers.
Balloons
Not likely to be used, however may be of use in the podium scene to help develop this lyrical and visual link of the word 'celebration'.

Medals
The medals are also to be used in the podium scene to enhance this lyrical and visual link of celebration.

Glass of juice
The glass of juice is used in the final house scene to enhance the idea that they are happy that Mr. Blue Sky is with them. This is because an iced drink is a typical drink on a hot day and therefore will show that the clowns are enjoying Mr. Blue Sky's (Aka the sunny day) presence. This also creates a visual and lyrical link of lyrics 'We're so pleased to be with you' and this happiness in relation to Mr. Blue Sky's presence.

WWII Book
This prop is for the side table in the bedroom scene next to Mr. Blue Sky. The reason for this is that I thought it would be ironic as, while the video is very violent, Mr. Blue Sky never carries out any violent acts himself and therefore the fact that he is reading a book on WWII is ironic.
Paddling Pool
The paddling pool is also to be used in the scene with glass of juice, enjoying the sunny blue sky. However the proximity of the clowns to the POV shot of Mr. Blue will mean either the need of more shots to show the clown in the pool or for the clown to sit in the pool. As the weather is still especially cold and this is far worse on the days with the Blue sky's I was sceptical as to whether my actor would want to sit/ stand in a paddling pool. This along with the awkward set up required to use the pool makes me uncertain as to whether it will be used in the end.
Tooth Brush, Toast and Milk
These props are all used in the opening of the video when Mr. Blue Sky is getting ready in the morning. As these are typical objects of a morning I thought that they would be suitable. The use of the stop motion with the draining drink is far more clear when using milk rather than water and is why I used it.
Dressing gown and Slippers
I plan to leave these on the stairs in the final moments of the opening shot as it shows a transition in costume better. (Will be arranged as shown)
No comments:
Post a Comment