Saturday, 4 October 2014

Music video initial idea

Mr Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

The music video I would make would heavily include stop motion as I believe this would be the most effective method of tackling this song because of its upbeat tone and the emphasis it puts on the beat of the music. The way I would do it is either by taking pictures of real life , drawing it in frames on paper/ a whiteboard or by mixing the two by using a green screen. I have previously done various forms of animation including stop motion, however the will be no shortage of challenges in creating a video like this. I believe that I have the capability to do this, however, for me to be successful in this I will need to practice stop motion filming in various different ways before I create the final video. The video above is the recent music video that was made for the song, which is an animated tribute to the lead singer. So clearly although they used a different animation technique to me in their video the idea of using animation for this song is suitable to the artist. I personally believe that although theirs is an interesting video, it could have been done better as I find the imagery strange, inconsistent and generally not suited to the music.
                       The secondary audience for this video will be middle aged people who will be reminiscent of the song from when they were younger and teh primary target audience will be a younger demographic of 16-21 year olds on the internet that will hopefully be won over by the timeless song. This will hope fully appeal to the passive audiences who wish to sit back and be entertained by the upbeat music and video, however it may also inspire active audiences in thought with the metaphorical imagery contained in the video. Overall I think that this video will be effective and well targeted to the audience as it is a modern take on a fun song.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment